Introducing The Greener Gloucester Road CampaignMarch 5th, 2013
Ablectrics, one of Gloucester Road’s longest established independent businesses, is spearheading a campaign to try and get every independent business on the road to convert their lighting to low-energy/LED by the end of 2013 – early 2014. They would like to reach all local businesses with the following information.
What Ablectrics hope to achieve:
- Increased awareness of low-energy/LED lighting and potential environmental and economic savings.
- Raising the profile of Gloucester Road throughout the Southwest and nationally, through increased coverage in the local and national press/media.
- Cut the Carbon footprint of lighting Gloucester Road by 90%.
- Set an example to national companies, Gloucester Road has more independent traders than any other road in the UK. Ablectrics want to show how important the high street is to local communities, and how communities are formed amongst small businesses.
- Encourage more people to buy local.
- Cut the overheads of small businesses, allowing them to be more competitive on price, therefore encouraging more commerce to the area.
When you consider that most shops are open for a minimum of 8 hours a day, by converting to low energy/LED lighting, a business owner could see their money back in just 6 months, in the amount they have saved on their bills. With a 2-7 year warranty on certain products and a 10 – 15 year projected lifespan.
Ablectrics are in talks with local authorities, hoping to lighten the financial strain of converting a small/independent business to low-energy/LED. Currently grants are available for businesses that qualify and they are working to secure more links so they can point businesses in the right direction should they wish to seek funding.
Ablectrics are also offering discounted rates on these products for businesses who wish to take part in the campaign, with all those businesses receiving a window sticker to put on their window to show they have been involved and are supporting the campaign.
A poster campaign in shops who wish to help will be running throughout March, April and May 2013, with information leaflets available. Ablectrics will also be visiting all the traders who will benefit from this, giving them tailored advice and information about what products they could make use of.
Several businesses have already converted:
- CJ Hole
- The Green Room
- Francos Hairdressers
- Nailsea Electrical
- The Royal Oak
To name a just few.
With the support of the local traders and the local community, we can make a big impact, set a big example and raise the profile of Gloucester Road.
Those who wish to save in the meantime can take advantage of 15% off all lighting on the 23rd March at Ablectrics for one day only.
The business look forward to hearing your thoughts and hope for your support with this campaign.
Please call: 0117 942 5355 or email: email@example.comTags: Ablectrics, Bishopston, Born, Bristol, CJ Hole, ecomomic, environmental, Francos Hairdressers, Gloucester Road, Green, Greener Gloucester Road Campaign, GRTA, Halo, Horfield, independent businesses, LED Lighting, Nailsea Electrical, Redland, Southwest, St Andrews. Ashley Down, The Green Room, The Royal Oak, voice Back to news