Give generously to the North Bristol Foodbank this Christmas Please!December 1st, 2013
Many of you lovely local people have previously given food donations to support our North Bristol Foodbank based at Revive Charity Shop, 555/557 Filton Avenue and linked with Ebenezer Church, 286 Filton Avenue.
For those of you that haven’t yet come across a foodbank here is how they work.
Food is donated – Schools, churches, businesses and individuals donate non-perishable, in-date food to the foodbank. All food given out by foodbanks is donated.
Food is sorted and stored – Volunteers sort food to check that it’s in date and pack it into boxes ready to be given to people in need.
Frontline care professionals identify people in need – Care professionals such as doctors, health visitors, social workers, CAB and police identify people in crisis and issue them with a foodbank voucher.
Clients receive food – Foodbank clients bring their voucher to a foodbank outlet where it can be redeemed for three days emergency food. Volunteers meet clients over a cup of tea and are able to signpost people to agencies able to solve the longer-term problem.
Be generous this Christmas please!
After a previous campaign, Bishopston Matters is delighted that many local businesses continue to be donation points in our area. We are now appealing to you wonderful local people to once again give generously to help families less fortunate than ourselves have a happier Christmas this year.
Below is a list of food that the charity is collecting from now until December 21st for their Christmas foodbank parcels.
Christmas Shopping List
- Mince Pies
- Tinned ham
- Christmas Pudding
- Christmas Cake
- Box of Biscuits
- Children’s Selection Box
- Box of Chocolates
- Large Bar Chocolate (150/200g)
- Snacks & Nibbles (e.g. peanuts)
- Christmas Crackers
Please drop your donations off to one of these local venues.
Local Donation Points
- Adriano’s Barbering Lounge – 215 Gloucester Road
- Ashley Down Infant School, Downend Road and Brunel Field Sites
- Artemis – Designer Jewellery & Gifts – 214 Gloucester Road, BS7 8NU
- KudaCan – 7 Dongola Avenue • Yoga West – Denmark Place •
- Lashings Coffee House – 260 Gloucester Road, BS7 8PB
- Pearce’s Hardware – 295 Gloucester Road, BS7 8PE
- Rimando’s Cafe & Soft Play – 395 Gloucester Road, BS7 8TS
- Srumptiously Sweet – 83 Gloucester Road, BS7 8AS
- The Parker Clinic – 132 Gloucester Rd, Bristol, Avon BS7 8NL
- Members of GCCC & BS7 Gym can donate at the venue (not open to general public)
- Visitors to the Quaker House, 300 Gloucester Road can donate at the venue
For general enquiries call 0117 9791399 – email@example.comTags: Adriano's Barbering Lounge, Ashely Down Infant School, Bishopston, Bristol Magazine, BS7 Gym, Christmas, Christmas cakes, Christmas pudding, community, crackers, donate, Filton Avenue, free magazine, free newspaper, GCCC, Gloucester Road, Horfield, KudaCan, Lashings Coffee House, local, mince pies, North Bristol foodbank, Quaker House, Redland. Ashley Down, Revive Charity Shop, Riamando's Cafe & Soft Play, Scrumptiously Sweet, The Parker Clinic Back to news