Friends of Bishopston Library invites you to a series of Climate and Energy talksMay 17th, 2018
Date(s) - 17/05/2018 - 18/05/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Categories No Categories
At Bishopston Library
On Thursday evenings from 26th April
Starting with “What is Climate Change?” on Thursday 26th April:
– Is climate change an issue for future generations – or for us?
– What does ‘two degrees warming’ mean?
– What did the Paris Agreement achieve?
Nikki Jones, researcher/writer on global energy will be giving an overview of the scientific consensus on climate change. She will explain greenhouse gases, possible tipping points and the risks posed by our warming world. This talk is aimed at those who need clarification of what is being discussed by politicians and media. There will be opportunities for questions throughout.
This series of six Thursday evening talks will focus on climate change and energy use:
1. What is Climate Change – 26th April
2. Global Energy Trends – 3rd May
3. UK Energy, Emissions and Targets – 10th May
4. Is Nuclear The Answer? – 17th May
5. Land Use and Climate Change – 24th May
6. The Way Forward – 31st May
Doors open 7pm. Hot and soft drinks available.
Bookable online at bishopstonlibrary.org.uk or at the library.